How much would you give to live a happier, peaceful, and more productive life? eTalkTherapy is affordable, secure, and fits easily into most budgets. If you want to change your life for the better, contact us today!
- $40.00 per 30-minute secure live video Counseling Session.
- $60.00 per 50-minute secure live video Counseling session.
- $60.00 per 50-minute secure live video Dream Nurturing session.
It’s that simple. NO deductibles, NO co-pays, NO hidden fees, NO surprises, Just Good Therapy. We believe therapy should be affordable as well as accessible. In most cases our fees are far less expensive than an office visit.
Why We Don’t Accept Insurance
While we may be listed on your insurance panel, we cannot accept insurance as payment for our services. Many clients ask about using health insurance to pay for their counseling, and wonder why they cannot do so. Here are just six reasons why we do not accept insurance:
- Costs. Insurance company deductibles, co-pays, and hidden fees are expensive and they add up quickly. eTalkTherapy is quite affordable, and fits easily into most budgets. If you want to change your life for the better, the cost of eTalkTherapy is a very small price to pay.
- Your treatment is NOT confidential when you use insurance. Since we will not bill insurance companies for this service, the information about your treatment remains confidential between us, unless you wish to release that information to another party.
- We would be required to give you a diagnosis, which your health insurance will keep on file permanently. Health insurance companies require us to submit a clinical diagnosis in order to provide you with treatment. However, not everyone has a “mental illness” that requires a diagnosis, but rather they are struggling with life issues and related stressors. In fact, many common reasons for coming to therapy are not even covered by insurance.
- Insurance companies want LOTS of information about you. We would be required to discuss your private information with a total stranger on the phone or online, who then determines whether or not the therapy or counseling is helping you. In other words, the insurance company controls treatment instead of you and your therapist.
- Pre-existing condition. This alone should steer you away from using insurance for therapy. With the changing dynamics of healthcare a diagnosis could mean your insurance company will use it against you as a way to raise your premiums or deny you coverage.
- Your health and wellness. In our years of professional experience, there is no “cookie cutter” or “one-size-fits-all” solution when it comes to good mental health. People experience life differently. People navigate their problems and issues differently. There is no substitute for a strong and honest therapeutic relationship. Having an insurance company demand that we get all of your issues resolved in a few sessions is not only unrealistic and unhealthy, but it is unfair to you as a person. We don’t want you to discontinue your sessions because an insurance company representative doesn’t value your treatment or well-being.
We hope this helps you understand why we do not accept insurance. However, if you are still interested in using your health insurance, many plans have out-of-network benefits. We will be happy to give you the form to submit for reimbursement. Keep in mind that we will still have to give you a mental health diagnosis, which will still be part of your permanent health record. You pay us directly and then you will be reimbursed by your insurance carrier according to the terms of your plan.
Please feel free to ask us any questions or concerns you have about this. We would be happy to talk to you about your options.
Cancellations & Rescheduling
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please give at least 24 hours notice. The full session fee is charged for missed appointments or appointment cancellations with less than 24 hours notice. Contact us to reschedule or cancel.
We do not provide assessments, paperwork or letters for disability claims or legal issues.
* Rates are subject to change.